I AM Mimosa with patched pockets is another lovely surprise for our sewing community. The lovely Mimosa cape now has easy to sew pockets for beginners. But this version will also please the more experienced seamstresses with how effortless and fast it is to sew. Mimosa is perfect for cooler days but is also great to adapt it in different fabrics to keep it with you all year long.
Here are the instructions to follow to sew the patch pockets on your Mimosa cape:
– Cut the pocket twice in your fabric of choice.
– Cut the Front pattern piece (piece #1). Mark the position of the patch pockets as shown on the drawing below. The side of the pocket is located 3 1/2″ from the center front and the bottom of the pocket is positioned 6″ from the bottom of the front.
– Overlock the top of one pocket. Fold and iron the top of the pocket at 5/8″. Topstitch at 3/8″ to maintain it in place.
– Fold and iron 3/8″ on all the other edges.
– Place the pocket on the front at the position marked previously. Pin in place and sew a double topstitch along the edges of the patch pocket. Repeat for the other back pocket.
Follow the instructions in your booklet to finish sewing the I AM Mimosa cape.